Thursday, September 30, 2010

Forget Submission...Trust Your Intuition!!!!!


Hello all!  Today was quite the day.  I suffered from writer's block up until this evening when my life hit its heightened climactic peak.  I was suddenly hit with more material than I could shake a stick at!  Earlier in the week, I discussed "letting it go".  In many cases this is the only way to keep going and maintain your sanity.  What happens when you can't do that?  Well that's what happened to me today.  I decided to make an executive decision to trust my intuition and take the necessary steps to get the closure and peace I needed.  Monday's post exhibited my thoughts and feelings on that day.  When I hit today though, something happened that made me want to take matters into my own hands.  For the past 24 years, my intuition has exponentially grown into an entity that I can't deny.  It answers the questions that no one else can and alleviates the fears that come unannounced.  Robert Graves describes it best:

Consult the map, but
only YOU can decide which way to go.


“Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.”



When I was faced with what to do about being betrayed by a friend, I willingly accepted the advice of others.  I was basically led to let bygone’s be bygone’s.  Take the high road and move forward knowing that I was the "bigger person".  Up until today, that train of thought served me well.  I'm not sure what happened, but everything about my day ignited my intense intuition to DO SOMETHING!   The rain lured my problems to the surface forcing me to acknowledge this mental splinter which was causing a painful emotional blister.  It needed to be removed.  I couldn't do that by sitting back and allowing things to work themselves out.  Honestly, that's not my style.  So I made the choice to take a logical and necessary stand against an injustice committed against me.  I had thought long enough and decided what action I would take.  With the help of a friend and a little ingenuity on my part, I got the answers, closure and justice that I deserved.  And you know what?!
*I FEEL GOOD!*
Some problems in life take more than a positive attitude and wishful thinking.  If you have any inner conviction that moves you to take a stand, consider it.  If you can’t seem to shake a problem that keeps gnawing at your peace, stop ignoring it.  This is the process I follow when I can’t leave my closure and peace to chance:



1)      Consult yourself FIRST.  Your instinct about a situation is your strongest ally in solving it.  If you aren’t familiar with your intuitiveness, get familiar!
2)      Consider all of your options and weigh the pros and cons with a fair and unbiased mind.
3)      Speak with people who offer you valuable and judgment free advice.  Allow their thoughts and suggestions to merge with your own.  Disregard what you know in your heart won’t work for you.
4)      Stop thinking about it, make a decision and enact it!

 

Life is not about looking back with regrets.  It’s about moving forward with knowledge.  When you have an intense desire to handle something there is probably a good reason why.  Some situations require the logical and objective advice of someone not involved.  Some require your own thoughts and feelings.  We often forget that our feelings count too.  Going out on a limb for others is great, but you should be willing to do the same for yourself.  So take off the brakes, do whatever it takes, listen to your inner voice, use wisdom to make an educated choice, forget about submission and trust your intuition!




0 comments:

Post a Comment