Friday, August 13, 2010

Taking My Life Off Cruise Control!

Would you take this exit?!  I certainly would!
"If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much."
-Thomas Krause

This is my current quote of the week that I post at my job.  It's my little way of encouraging my customers to push their own boundaries.  To charter their own course instead of waiting for another to do it.  As with anything though, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  After assessing my life, I began to wonder...

Am I grabbing control of my proverbial wheel or am I content on cruise control?

Doing what I know how to do comes naturally, but there comes a time when it gets dull.  It gets beneath you and in your heart you know you can do much better.  After talking with a good girlfriend of mine, I realized I could be doing more to reach the goals I set for myself.  I love LJ because our talks challenge me to push myself farther than I ever imagined.  To discover my calling, finish my book, make my voice known through public speaking, and live up to my full potential.  There is something so exhilarating about being in control of where your life will end up.  With a sound mind, good health, positive family and friends, and endless talents worth discovering, I am ready to regain my control!

It can be easy to set the cruise and roll with it!  No thought, no rush to stop anywhere, and no pressure to be any faster or slower.  The thought of that mentality (outside of a long road trip!) is ridiculous!  Life isn't about coasting.  It's about steering, navigating, charting your course, losing your way, and discovering different stops in which you want to pick up a souvenir or learn about a new place.  That's the type of journey I want to take in this lifetime.  So take a minute and really think...

Are you content with opportunities, people, LIFE passing you by while you sit back on cruise?

OR

Are you ready to lightly tap the brakes, stop cruising, and sit up and pay attention to where you are going and how fast you wanna get there?

The choice is yours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"life doesnt come with an instruction manuel, you just have to live it." I've felt at times that my life was in cruise control, hell even in neutral. I think the issue with people in general is that we dont know how to let go, like we get to the edge and we stay there instead of taking flight. fears, doubts, negativity are all devices placed in your way to hold you back from acheiving greatness. people need to just, let go.

Eboni N. Faulkner aka MochaFoxx said...

Well said B. Very powerful babe.

Post a Comment