Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Fire Stopped Burning...Can It Be Sparked Again?

If you've ever been to the MLK Jr. center in Atlanta, you probably came across the eternal flame. Regardless of the elements and time itself, it's always burning.  It's a beautiful example that some flames can never be put out.  That brings me to a flame that once burned in my life.  One I thought would never die.  However, life pulled us apart and the flame was left stomped out.  My first love was that flame and now I'm left to question, "Can our fire be sparked again?"

First loves are so magical and pristine.  There is something about discovering love when you are young.  Your inhibitions don't exist and neither do the pride and tainted qualities that make us so diluted as adults.  All month long, I have been pondering our relationship and how beautiful and fresh it used to be.  I couldn't have these thoughts without acknowledging how shady he was and how it left me confused and heart-broken.  I'm left wondering where we went wrong and if it could ever be made right.

Will the spark return?
Only time will tell?
I don't want to get it confused because I'm not sure if I want to be in a serious relationship right now.  However, I don't wanna miss my blessing for avoiding it's presence.  It doesn't help that WE are embarking on a trip soon which will either spark that flame again or confirm that it was better left stomped out.  I guess what I'm saying is, I've been hurt before and I know how that affected my views.  I want to be fair because no matter how much time has passed, there WAS undoubtedly something between us at one point. 

Time will only tell what will be, but when it comes to my relationships, nothing is ever what it seems.  For now I'm gonna go with the flow and if the flame sparks, so be it.  If not, I will always have a great friend and lots of tender and lasting memories.  Honestly, what more can you ask for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment