Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lowered Expectations! Are You An Open Enrollment Chick?!

Welcome to “Lowered Expectations”!  Are you a woman with low to no standards?  Are you tired of not finding your "list" man and ready to accept whatever you can get?!  If this is you, you have come to the right place!  Browse our growing inventory stocked full of men who are often overlooked, hardly dated and underrated!  If you ever found yourself saying the following statements in your head—or even out loud—women we have the man for you!

  • “You live with your parents?  No problem! I like basements and we can save money!” 
  • “Oh you’re not working?  That’s cool, I just got a raise!” 
  • “Are those man boobs?  I think I have an extra bra!” 
  • “Missing a tooth?  We can use a Chiclet!” 
  • “Boatload of kids?  I always wanted to be an Auntie!” 
  • “Come up to my shoulder?  I probably need to stop wearing heels anyway!” 
Sound like you, then come on down so we can hook you up!  Remember our motto…
“Keep those standards low!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, so maybe my little rendition of a ‘low standards’ dating service is a little dramatic J but there seem to be some new laws on the books that say women need to ease up with the standards.  In the past, I wrote a post about women with mile long lists of qualities they want in a man ( Are You Planning Your Love Away?!).  A recent online Essence article (Link To Article) got me thinking about the other end of the spectrum-- the women out there who are settling for men with qualities that can fit on a Post-It!  Now you know I couldn’t let this go!   

I took the liberty of listing the ten men that Paul Carrick Brunson listed as the underrated dateable options.  What do you think ladies?  Could you bend a little for some of the men on the list?  For some I definitely could and for others there is no way in hell!  Here is Ms. Mocha’s take on the list:

I see where Brunson is going, but I refuse to hop in a cab travelling that way!  I am not completely against the compilation, but every woman has fixed standards and floating ones.  They may change with time and experiences, but regardless standards are a valuable part of life.  Without them, you can end up in a dead end relationship that leaves you with all the work and all the stress!  Having an open enrollment policy is a little too liberal for my tastes!  You have a right to your preference people!  Do not waste someone’s time that you KNOW you do not want to be with.  This type of free spirited dating can cause more harm than good.  Trust me, I know!


FYI, I would readily date Numbers (2-introverted), (3-cornballs), (4-non-black), (6-long distance), and (8-too young/too old).  Certain numbers on that list would never get a chance with me because I believe in three key things that I challenge you to consider:

(1)   The "Handsome-stein" Effect- When you find a man who deems molding and fixing up, the end result could be your ‘Handsomestein’ opening his eyes, looking at anyone BUT you, bursting out the door leaving you back at square one!  It’s time to stop playing “Man Improvement” and recognize when you are playing with clay that will harden into the shape it chooses in the end!

(2)    The Momma's Boy- If you are fighting a battle with a little boy trapped in a man’s body who cannot release his mother’s breast, you will not win that one!  A man who loves and respects his mother is a beautiful thing, but a man who cannot stand on his own two feet without his mother’s approval will result in issues every time.

(3)    "Don't Worry, She Got It" Man Unemployment is alive and well in our economy and NOBODY is immune to its grip.  Not every unemployed man is problematic, but with the upsurge in the Alpha woman, some men are getting comfy with letting Miss Independent carry all the weight.  Ladies, need something to care for…get a pet!  If you want a baby, have one!  If you cannot have your own child, adopt!  A man worth dating will work on his situation before attempting to enter yours.  If you take him while he is unemployed, be sure he is carrying his weight as a man.  (Relationships are NOT all about money you know!)


According to my co-worker, Gail S. (Her Blog!), women are getting tired of fighting the good fight and end up getting knocked out by the first challenger that enters the ring.  This is what I had to say about that…Ladies if you find yourself worn out, come back to your respective corner, sip some liquid reality, chat with your friends/family and when you are ready, get back out there!  Bob and weave the undesirables and only let love knock you down when the RIGHT man who meets YOUR standards enters your ring of life!  Having a man is great, but not when you have taken whatever you can get.  Exercise a little patience and work on being the best woman you can be.  I said it before and I will say it again…”If you can dream him, he exists!”  Until next time my loves!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment