Saturday, September 4, 2010

Allow Others to Be An Instrument in Your Success!

This MUST be where
my support system
lives!
All this week, I have been on my motivational tip!  I hope that these posts helped you to discover exactly what your goals are, how to reach them and also how to overcome the obstacles that may arise in this journey.  It would be wrong of me to say that all of my talents and wisdom come from my brain alone.  I am blessed to have many inspirational people in my life that help keep me grounded.  These same influential people also give me all the material I need to continue writing everyday!  One of my favorite Teddy Pendergrass songs is, "My Greatest Inspiration".  Whenever I hear it, I think about the one person who inspires, challenges and motivates me the most; my mom.  The lessons she has taught me, the wit and humor I inherited and the compassion that I have for others comes from her.  Not only did she give me the facets in my diamonds, she taught me how to be strong and stay determined.  I'm pretty blessed if I do say so myself!

And now a word from the Good Book!:
"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor; 10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls and does not have another to lift him up! 11 Again, if two lie together, they keep warm. But how can one be warm alone? 12 And while a man may prevail against the one, the two will withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
~Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No man is an island!
Grow your success with
 the help of others.
There are many people who believe they are an island.  Everything they accomplish is because THEY did it and anywhere they go in life is because THEY made it possible.  These same people won't offer their support to others in the pursuit of life.  Not only is this a selfish and damaging thought process, it limits success.  When you give others the respect and honor that they deserve for giving their support, God will bless you with more than you ever expected.  The thing is, you have to be willing to accept advice, take criticism and challenge yourself to be better with the help of others.  The power of a team is a beautiful thing!  For some the thought of teamwork means the division of success among more people than necessary.  Once again, this is a selfish way to think.  Your "team" should be a group of people that you trust and know have your best interest at heart.  They aren't there to take away, but to enhance your chances of being a great success! 

We often make the tragic mistake of staying to ourselves or either surrounding ourselves with people who are poisonous, jealous and hateful.  When I watch award shows and see an artist win, I always wondered why their whole entourage of people had to come up to accept it with them!  You don't need a whole army as your team!  Trust me when I tell you that once the war starts, most of them will probably turn on you!  Even in the scripture above, they are condoning three people as a bond that can't be broken.  Ask yourself how many people make up your support system?! 


Your team should
put YOU at the center!
When the time comes
you switch dynamics!

Just in case you wanted to know, this is my thought process:

If you put God first, then you have your MVP.  After Him should be the permanent supports who only you can appoint.  With everyone else, your duty is to decipher and filter out the people who are really there and the people who really don't care.  Don't go the road alone, but don't weigh down your means of transport to success with a bunch of baggage and crap!  Keep people around that will lift you up if you fall.  Keep people who will hold you accountable for what you say you will do.  Keep people around that can support you even if their life isn't perfect.  It's not an easy task, but when you are playing to win, you don't want to question your team.

So whether you are the lone ranger brimming with endless superhuman power or the insecure talent with an army all around you and no support, it is never too late to find the balance.  Don't be afraid to accept help or to cut loose the nonsupporting.  Every goal needs a plan and every success story needs a few key players that will play their role and allow you to shine!  Determine who these people will be and embrace them as a critical and glorious part of your success!

Be Your Absolute Best and Don't Worry About The Rest! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment