Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Cleaning: Saying Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!

Good Afternoon All!  Despite the fact that I revamped the site (hope you like the springy themeJ), I am shaking my head at how long it has been since I graced your presence with a post!  For good reason though because life is truly taking off!  I started my new blog. I MOTIVATES (check it outJ), I’m taking some classes, tackling my business and a slew of other positive and productive endeavors.  God is so good!  However, there is another side to my absence that is not so positiveL, but oh so necessary!  I’m typically a very understanding and forgiving woman, but lately I have chosen to take my mothers’ timely advice.  With spring finally here, it is time to do some inventory and cleaning of our relationships!  My version of this activity involves assessing the value of the people in my life, strengthening those partnerships that deserve to stay and you guessed it…saying good riddance to bad rubbish!


Some people think it’s holding on that makes one strong – sometimes it’s letting go.
~Anonymous

Isn’t it funny how we assume that if we just hold on for a little bit longer, things will get better in some relationships?  All of this stress doesn’t make us strong.  If anything it makes us crazy!  Not to mention resentful and bitter towards new relationships.  The valuable time we waste waiting for a  change could be spent with positive people.  No matter if it’s a friendship or intimate relationship, you deserve the best.  Here is my spring cleaning system for determining the “best” and discarding the rest:

Assess the Value of EVERYONE Involved: As with any cleaning mission, there needs to be a clear knowledge of what should stay.  My usual gauge for determining who is worthy of my life is the balance of peace and drama.  If there is any reason to second guess, there is good reason to reassess!  No relationship will be perfect but you know if it is not right, not growing and not for you!  Put the good people in the “STAY” box, the maybe’s back in assessment rotation and the bad ones in the “GO” box!      

Strengthen the Treasure: It can be easy to take for granted the people who make your life beautiful.  For all those in your circle that made it to the “STAY” box, they need to be rewarded!  Rewarded with your love, friendship and continued support.  Remember that you aren’t the only one doing spring cleaning and you would hate to end up in the “GO” box of someone you care for!  So don’t forget to polish up your great relationships!  Everybody’s life can benefit from a little shine!

Take Out The Trash: We often worry about how people will take our rejection and cope unneccesarily with their crap!  In many cases, if something is broken it may be beyond repair.  Isn’t it time for you to care about your feelings and self development for a change?  The thing about trash is the longer it sits around, the worse it gets!  Don’t get mad, get glad!  Take out the “trash” and see how fresh your life can be!  It takes strength and it may be difficult, but in the grand scheme of things your happiness is worth the dirty work.

Ahh, doesn’t it feel good to spruce up the ONLY life you have?!  I thought it would!  Even though this is a perfect time to start fresh, you don’t always need a new season.  Whenever you see fit, roll up your sleeves and get your inventory on!  Until next time my loves! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment